Looking to challenge yourself?
Join Team PARF!
Life is full of challenges, and no one better understands this than those facing the challenges associated with some of society’s debilitating medical conditions. Research is crucial in discovering cures and treatment options to help patients suffering with these conditions, but we can’t do it without you!
We are throwing down the gauntlet to our community to challenge yourselves to run, swim, walk or cycle your way to lifesaving medical research.
Roll up your sleeves and sign up for one of the following events:
- Join us for the Smiddy Fun Run on November 5, a 2.5km/5km walk or run remembering past staff member Adam Smiddy at the PA Hospital.
- Feeling brave? How about the 5,000 stair climb challenge, June 14 for Stadium Stomp at the Gabba?
- Join Team PARF for Bridge to Brisbane, August 30 - Brisbane's biggest walk!
- The events are endless. Check out the full calendar here
- Keen on getting a training group together? Just email us at [email protected]
Not keen on doing a big event? No problem! There are many other ways that you can challenge yourself and raise funds at the same time.
- Set yourself a personal challenge of completing at least 10,000 steps per day for a month, posting your progress along the way
- Give up chocolate, coffee or other guilty pleasure for a month - perhaps you could donate the money you saved back to your fundraising!
- Take a plunge into ice cold water at a local water hole during the cooler winter months (summer doesn't count!)
- Get creative and come up with your own unique challenge where you can rally the support of your network
Now is the time to challenge yourself and sign up for an event or initiative while fundraising for Team PARF. Raise money while you compete and make a real difference to medical research, and maybe even someone you know who is affected by one of these conditions.